This is a picture of the taco soup that I made tonight. I used whatever ingredients that I had in the pantry. I ended up using black beans and northern beans. I didn't have a can of corn or hominy, so I just left it out this time. Be sure to try it with the corn or hominy though...it's super yummy! Also, don't forget to top with tortilla chips, shredded cheese, green onions, and sour cream. The whole family loves this recipe! Some like it with the toppings and some like it without. Others spoon it onto fritos and top with cheese to make a frito-pie. You can do a lot with this recipe. Enjoy!
Ingredients:
1 - 1.5 pound(s) lean hamburger meat
1 package taco seasoning
1/2 yellow onion, diced
2-3 cloves garlic, minced
1 can rotel
2 cans diced tomatoes
1 cans pinto beans, rinsed and drained
1 can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
1 can corn or hominy, rinsed and drained
1 cup water
1/2 cup spicy V-8 juice OR 1/2 cup spicy bloody mary mix
1 teaspoon cumin
1 teaspoon garlic salt
Directions:
Coat large pan with cooking spray. Cook meat and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink. Add garlic and cook a couple minutes longer. Add taco seasoning and cook according to directions on package. Remove the meat, onion, and garlic from the pan and place into crockpot. Add rotel, diced tomatoes, pinto beans, kidney beans, corn/hominy, water, and spicy bloody mary mix to the crockpot. Stir. Add cumin and garlic salt. Stir. Cook on high for 4-6 hours.
Top with tortilla strips, shredded cheese, green onion, and sour cream. Or...just eat it alone.
** I sometimes switch around the types of beans in the recipe. For ex, I might use 2 cans of pintos, or 1 can of pintos and 1 can of chili beans. I have also used black beans and navy beans. You get the idea. Feel free to use whatever beans you like best.
** Also, I usually add however much extra water to the recipe that I think I need. It just depends on how "soupy" you want the recipe. It tends to thicken as it sits, so don't hesitate to add a little more water and re-heat.
No comments:
Post a Comment